Sunday, October 12, 2014

BEE Thankful with Heather H

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!  Heather H is on our blog today sharing 3 gorgeous projects that she has created.  Love all of the techniques used with our new stamp set "BEE Thankful" that is available on our website www.avocadoarts.com   Enjoy!!

Good morning! Heather here from Houses Built of Cards - to share a few cards with you using the new stamp set for October - a darling mix of winter and thankfulness!!!



The first image that caught my eye was that cup - my hubby is a big coffee lover, so I knew I had to start with that one! I thought it would be fun to use watercolors with it. 


I cut a scallop square of watercolor paper, heat embossed my sentiment, then washed over it with watercolor paint. Added a twist of jute twine, then mounted with foam adhesive on a kraft card base that I used a background die on.


Next, I love the cute snowman - he looks like he was made of popsicle sticks, doesn't he?


I heat embossed him on white on a red die cut tag, then added my sentiment from Wishes and Kind Thoughts:


I used some pattern paper from Crate Paper for my background, and added some machine stitching around the edges - it's a little hard to see, but it adds so much to the card! To soften the pattern paper a little, I took a piece of vellum and tore the edges, then used a stencil to apply embossing paste. Love how it kind of looks like snow!


And finally - that turkey just couldn't be any cuter!!!


For this one, I stamped him on a PL journaling card, added some spray mist, and a wrap of yellow jute twine. Used some woodgrain MME paper for the background, then to add a little texture I used another stencil and some ebossing paste tinted with Gelatos. Once it dried a bit, I also added a bit of the same gold spray mist.



Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!


------------------------------------

BEAUTIFUL job!!  Leave Heather H some LOVE!

6 comments:

Sue D said...

Great variety of cards made with this wonderful set!

Anonymous said...

The snowman made out of the popsicle sticks is so cute.
Love the turkey. that card is beautiful.
thanks for sharing some great cards.

cghundley said...

Super cute projects,
love the turkey!
Carla from Utah

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love your cards!!!!

cm said...

Fabulous cards, Heather! The coffee card is amazing! Perfect for your husband! You've showcased the features of this set wonderfully!
~c

Ann said...

Lovely cards, love the texture added to each one and the fun stamps added.