Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Enjoy the Journey with Heather P.




Hi, everyone! Heather P. here with three projects featuring the new July set, Enjoy the Journey.


For my first card, I started with a cream card base, and adhered a piece of gray striped paper to the card front.  Next, I stamped the lighthouse image from the set in versamark, then heat embossed it with white powder before die cutting it into a circle shape.  I then stamped the sentiment onto a strip of vellum in versamark, then heat embossed it as well with white powder.  I adhered the yellow circle to a strip of aqua paper with pop dots, then loosely attached the vellum sentiment (securing it only to the back of the aqua paper).  The entire panel was then attached to the card front with pop dots, and to finish up, I embellished with green enamel dots.



For my second card, I again started with a cream colored card base, then adhered a piece of polka dot paper to the front.  I then cut an angular piece of gray paper, and stamped it with the shoe image in versamark before heat setting with clear embossing powder.  Once that cooled, I stamped the sentiment with versamark, and heat embossed with white powder.  To finish up, I adhered the panel to the card front with pop dots and embellished with aqua enamel dots.



For my last card, I started with a piece of yellow card stock, then repeat stamped the stacked luggage image in versamark before heat embossing with white powder.  Next, I cut a strip of light gray card stock, trimmed the ends into a banner shape, then stamped the sentiment in a darker gray ink.  I then adhered the heat embossed panel and sentiment to the card front with pop dots.  To finish up, I embellished with green enamel dots.

Well, that wraps it up for me, but be sure to come back on the 25th for more Avocado Arts inspiration! :)

1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

What great cards Heather! I love the vellum wrap with the sentiment embossed on it on the first card!