Friday, May 9, 2014

Just Fore You with Jo


Yay it's FRIDAY, FRIDAY, Gotta get down on FRIDAY....Okay if you know that song, comment below LOL. Hi everyone, Jo here for you on this fabulous day! It's time to celebrate the Father in this Just Fore you stamp set.


For my first card, I used two pieces from the set, "You are my Hero" & "Dad". I used a die to create the hole background, cut from black cardstock. I was in a die kind of mood, so I used a shield and star die to create the shapes that I wanted, also they were popped up for added dimension. "Dad" is embossed with white embossing powder. I added some doodles with a black and white gel pen for added detail. This is the most masculine card out of the three that I created.


My second card is the complete opposite from above. I used pattern paper and bright colors. I also added the sun image from this stamp set:


I think this card is perfect for the golfer in the family. I made a pennant flag using the "Just Fore You" sentiment. The little wooden stick is just a toothpick. I stamped the sun on yellow pattern paper and fussy cut it out and popped it up. I kind of like having my images spill over off on the card. On top of the rolling hills landscape, I used the two golf ball images from the set and created a little pyramid of balls on the green.


My last card for you, in my opinion, is a combination of both masculine and whimsy. I have several measuring tape ribbon trims and I had to use this sentiment.


Graph pattern paper is used on the base of my card. I then put down three different types of measuring tape side by side. The sentiment is stamped on a wooden plaque die cut that I took from a home improvement scrap kit, perfect! I love the nail details. I just couldn't step away from the card and leave it simple, I had to add a bow LOL. So there's my bow using the measuring tape trim.

These are my cards for you, I hope that you liked at least one of them =) This stamp set is fun to work with, and I definitely needed more masculine sets in my collection.

Thanks so much for passing by! Have a gorgeous weekend!
~Jo

No comments: