Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sassy Chick with Heather P.






Hi, everyone! Heather P. here with three projects featuring the new Sassy Chick stamp set.  I don't know about you, but I am *so glad* spring is finally here! :)


To create my first card, I repeat stamped my favorite flower in the set in gray ink onto a white card base.  I then die cut the sentiment on gray card stock, and backed it with yellow card stock before adhering it to the card front with pop dots.  To finish up, I embellished with some coral enamel dots.


For my next card, I started by creating a mini mint card base.  I then stamped the two grassy hill images with two shades of turquoise, and trimmed them out.  I love how the images can be used as grass, or as in this case, ocean waves! :) Next, I stamped the sun image in versamark onto yellow and orange card stock, then heat embossed with white powder.  I fussy cut the suns, and popped up some of the orange rays onto the yellow sun before adhering it to the card front.  I then stamped the sentiment in gray ink, and secured the waves to the card front (the solid wave was adhered to the card, and the striped wave was attached with pop dots).  To finish up, I stamped two clouds with gray ink, cut them out and adhered them with pop dots.


For my last project today, I created a fun tag using one of the butterfly images, as well as the stitched broken egg/tulip stamp.  First, I cut the tag pieces from striped patterned paper, as well as mint, yellow and white card stock.  I then stamped the butterfly image in gray onto the white layer before assembling the tag base.  Next, I die cut the hi, adhered it to the tag with pop dots, and covered it with glitter.  I stamped the egg/tulip image with coral ink, trimmed it out and attached it to the tag.  To finish up, I cut a little leaf shape, curled the edge with a bone folder, and secured it to the tag before embellishing with coral twine and white enamel dots.

Well, that wraps it up for me today, but be sure to come back soon for more Avocado Arts inspiration! :)

-Heather P.

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

Love your projects!!!